John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

My ge built in microwave is dark. Electrical smell is faint,

Customer Question

My ge built in microwave is dark. Electrical smell is faint, but present
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: No power. Its dark. Ive checked circuit breaker
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I reset the circuit breaker and now have power. Will test for functionality.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Reset the circuit breaker and microwave went on. Hit add 30 and it started. Hit cancel, opened the door and circuit blew again.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Will you please send me the model number, so I can find the technical information I need to assist you? Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Model: JE2160SF01. It's 11 years old. I'm thinking it may need to be replaced. I have found a similar one at Home Depot for 339.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Before you replace the oven, check the in line fuse that's in a spring clamp inside the oven's control area. You can access the fuse by removing the cover panel, and tracing the colored wire that leads from the power cord terminal block to the fuse bracket. Replace the fuse, and before replacing the cover panel, plug the oven back into the wall receptacle to see if the oven comes to life. Please let me know, if your need more help.Using the expert's rating scale, located at the top of your screen, please click the star that best reflects your satisfaction with my answer. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.