Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Our whirlpool double wall oven started to beep and then the

Customer Question

our whirlpool double wall oven started to beep and then the display went blank. When we try to turn it on it beeps three times when we push start. The lights inside the ovens work, the timer works, there is no display and the ovens do not turn on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Turn the breaker off for 5 minutes. That should reset the control. If it still does not light up and start working, please post the model number. The tag is around the oven opening, usually behind the lower door on the left side.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Did not solve the issue
Model# *****
Serial# *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Thank you! So, just so I make sure AI totally understand, it will beep if you press a button but no display and not heating, correct?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
yes that is correct. Timer will work without a display, lights will turn on in the oven when the door is open but the oven will not turn on.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
The oven control will need to be replaced. It is not difficult to do, you will need to remove the side trim pieces (small screw at inside bottom of trim) and then there are screw at the outside bottom of the control panel. Once they are removed, the panel will lift up and hinge down, allowing full access to the control for replacement. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
could you be more specific about where the screws are? There are 2 screws on the outside top and 2 on the inside above the top oven door, when it is open. When all 4 screws are removed nothing budges
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
At the bottom of the trim pieces, on the inside, there is one small screw. See number 2 in the diagram at the link below. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
do I remove the screw at the top of the trim too?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
There should not be one at the top, only on the inside at the bottom.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Then the bottom will pull out and slide down, off of the control panel.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
there are 2 screws on each side of the trim, one is at the bottom and one is in the middle
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Okay, then remove all four screws. The parts breakdown is not showing that, sorry for the confusion. I have not seen one with two screws on each trim.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Once those are removed, the trims will pull out at the bottom and then slide down and off.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
all 4 screws are removed, there is a piece of trim below the bottom oven going horizontal that does not allow the trim to slide off at the bottom
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Where the trim pulls off at the top, there are hidden screws that will be exposed at the outside bottom corners of the control panel. They need to be removed and the the bottom of the control panel will pull out slightly and then lifted to release the top from the clips. Of course, be sure the breaker is off before you remove the control panel.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the trim is not pulling off at the top it is still tight against the ovens with all 4 screws removed, there are 4 screws below the controls inside the oven that loosen a screen but the panel cover is still on tight
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
The trim will not pull off at the top. You have to pull the bottom out and then slide it down to release the top.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
do I have to take the bottom oven door off to get to the screws?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
No, if you just open the door you should have access to it. They are very small screws in the indent at the bottom of the trim.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
I am pulling up the service manual for you. Give me just a minute or two and I will send it to you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
See the attached page.