John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a GE Profile ceramic cook top. The red light on the

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile ceramic cook top. The red light on the surface of the cooktop is flashing. HELP
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I locked the cooktop to clean it. When I got done, I noticed the red light that indicates the top is locked was flashing. How do I unlock my cook top
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Where would that be
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
The model number should be located under the cooktop on a sticker so if you open the cabinets below the cooktop and look up you can usually see it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Never mind. I just figured it out. Plus it was getting irritating. I didn't know you were a pay site. Hopefully you won't use my credit card.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
OK good luck