Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Microwave Oven model JES1453SS1SS purchased 3/8/3013 When

Customer Question

Microwave Oven model JES1453SS1SS purchased 3/8/3013
When using beverage key to heat cup of water the microwave stopped..The clock is on
the timer works but the engine will not run.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Does this only occur when using the beverage key? It works normally when using the normal reheat function?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No does not work normally This occurs with any and every function pushed
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Ok perfect. So you either have one of the door switches failing or your display board has a bad relay. Most likely one of the 3 door switches has failed and will need to be replaced. You'll need a multimeter to test the switches which are located to the left of the control panel, and you'll need a size T-20 safety torx bit to remove the star shaped screws going into the outer shell of the microwave because the outer shell of the microwave will need to be removed. Unplug the microwave, remove all the screws going into the outer shell including all the screws coming in from the back along the right, left, and top. The outer shell will pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can reach in through the right side to test the door switch. Locate the faulty door switch and replace it. If all the door switches check good, then you need a new display board. Below is a video that shows you how to test the door switches. Access is different on the microwave in the video so ignore that part, but testing the door switches is the same. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?