Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

GE gas stove bake or broil won't come on. the coil turns cherry

Customer Question

GE gas stove bake or broil won't come on. the coil turns cherry red butt will not ignite the either bake or broil.
the normal burners on the top of the stove are igniting just fine just bake or broil in the oven won't ignite.
what part is causing this to malfunction?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: Looks for any small lever by the regulator or valve that could have been tripped off shutting gas to the main valve off for the bake and broil. If that is fine check the current draws of the ignitors with a clamp on meter they have to draw 2.5-2.8 amps to open the valve properly. If not then the ignitors are both bad. If they are drawing correctly replace the valve. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!