Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

How to take out filter housing on a maytag fridge the one on

Customer Question

how to take out filter housing on a maytag fridge the one on the roof of the fridge
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 5 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. Could the model number be MFI2568AES?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok Great #1 turn the water off to the unit #2 disconnect water line that supplies water to the water tank #3 remove the crispers and shelves form the right side of the fresh food compartment#4 remove cover on back of bulkhead by inserting a screw driver in the slots to release the cover#5 disconnect the waterline from the outlet of the tank to the outlet of the water valve by holding in on the collet and pulling the line out of the fitting#6 remove tank ,tube and filter housing The water filter housing and the water tank are all one assembly.If you have any question just let me know.