Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have frost in our GE refrigerator with freezer on the

Customer Question

We have frost in our GE refrigerator with freezer on the bottom. the frost is in the back right of the refrigerator over an opening and it is dripping. what does this mean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Do you have a model number located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section so I can better assist you? Also, can you take a picture of the frost and use the paper clip above the text box to attach the picture so I can see it?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm on the computer-let me see if I can log in on my phone
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
OK perfect, thank you. OK so I think this is actually a very common issue with your refrigerator and the water is accumulating under the deli drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator because the drain line is backing up. If you look at part number 97 in the diagram below, this is the part you need to remove so that you can see the silver evaporator and the drain trough below it. Pull all the drawers out and remove this panel. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly.Samsung also designed a little part to fix the issue from coming back. Order part number da61-06796a which clips onto the heater above the drain hole and then extends down into the drain hole to prevent the drain hole from freezing oven. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is this diagram the panel on the bottom left in the deli drawer?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
It is not. It's the back vent panel against the back wall inside the refrigerator.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?