Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My door handle is stuck and door won't close

Customer Question

my door handle is stuck and door won't close
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.If the latch flipped into the locked position while the door was opened and it won't allow you to close the door, you will just need to replace the latch assembly unfortunately. There isn't a way to reset the latch because when the latch is stuck in the shut position, it means that the bar has bent and the plastic is warped on the latch assembly. You'll need the full model number located on on a sticker on the right side of the door to look up the correct latch for your model. The latch is usually about $40 or so. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?