Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a General electric top load cloth washer Mod. # *****:

Customer Question

I have a General electric top load cloth washer Mod. # *****: Ser: # ***** The nob that control the setting for the cloth selection start just spinning. That is the nob that you set for the type of wash you are doing.
Submitted: 7 months ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
On the back of the knob are teeth which grip to the gears on the timer itself. You'll need to pull the knob out and use needle nose pliers to pull the locking clip behind the knob off so you can pull the knob off completely. Hopefully you just need to replace the knob because it's only $5 or so, but if the teeth on the timer are completely ground down, you'd have to replace the entire timer as well. Below is a link to the knob that you'd want to order for your model. CLICK HERE for knob We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?