Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I have an Amana refrigerator model SXD26VL that does not start

Customer Question

I have an Amana refrigerator model SXD26VL that does not start by itself. I can turn the temp control down then back up and it starts and cools fine until it reaches temp.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. If you have not provided the model number of the unit you are needing help with please go ahead and supply that information to me now so that I can give you model specific information on that unit, if you have already provided the model number please give me a few minutes to prepare your answer as I may need to look up part numbers, schematics, etc; depending on your question.Thank you for your patience.
The thermostat / cold control is sticking when it gets to temperature and not kicking the unit back on, so when you turn the dial or mess with it it un-sticks and starts the cooling cycle. Replace the thermostat and it will solve that issue.Refrigerator Freezer Temperature Control ThermostatPart #: R0161092 - click hereIt's located directly behind the control panel as shown in the diagram linked below:click here for diagram******************************************************************************* We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer, I'm sure you probably just forgot to rate the answer so if you would kindly do so now I would certainly appreciate it, you just simply find the star rating system at the top of your screen or located in one of my replies and click on the third star or higher. Thanks in advance.