Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Our KitchenAid micro wave oven's turn table motor makes a loud

Customer Question

our KitchenAid micro wave oven's turn table motor makes a loud scratching or scrapping sound as though bearings are worn out. How do I fix that.
It is the top half of a conventional oven/micro wave oven wall unit. The part number for the unit is KEMS378SSS05
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
So the noise can come from either the turntable motor itself, or the glass support that attaches to the motor below the glass tray. I would remove the tray and remove the turn table support below the glass. Run a quick cycle and if the noise goes away, replace the support which is part number W10486179. If it doesn't get rid of the sound, you'd need to replace the turntable motor which is part number W10510101 and is very difficult to replace. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.