Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My oven temperature only goes up to 225. I was sent a terminal block kit is this the rig

Customer Question

my oven temperature only goes up to 225. I was sent a terminal block kit is this the right part for my problem? part #5304409888 for model #FGES4831888 FRI OVEN
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. No the terminal block is not the correct part ,unless you have burnt wires on the terminal block and that should not make the oven to only heat to a temperature of 220 degrees.What is the temperature that you are selecting the oven temperature to be? And do you have the oven control board set for Celsius or Fahrenheit?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The selected oven temperature is 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, I select the oven cleaning feature (which is about 750 F). Neither temperature is reached. Actually, the oven cleaning feature shuts itself off. The oven reaches a temperature of about 200F and stays there.Please help and thanks.Karen Duran
ok when you select the Bake selection does the bake element get hot? and if you select the Broil element does it get hot?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Your advice is worthless. Telling me all your qualifications and asking for additional money unmasks you for what you are. A stupid ignoramus. I will tell all my connections on social media about your fraud.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You likely have a faulty bake element. The broil element will get hot to warm the oven during preheat but will cycle off as it is close to the temperature sensor and is not designed to keep the bake temperature. The bake element is shown as number 67 in the diagram at the link below. CLICK HERE I suspect it will need to be replaced. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE