Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

The control panel on my amana model # ***** is not

Customer Question

the control panel on my amana model # ***** is not turning on. There is power to the unit and power to the board, but no lights on the control panel.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 5 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. If you have power to the control board but no lights or functions I have to suspect the issue is the main control board or the low voltage transformer.Do you have a volt ohm meter to test for primary and secondary voltages on the transformer?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have an analog multimeter
ok so then test the transformer !The primary side should have 240 volts A/C the secondary side should have 24 volts A/c
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am getting about 200 in the primary side and nothing from the secondary
Is this a typical transformer I can go pick up, or do I need to order it from the manufacturer?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
unless of course I am using the meter wrong.
I have the dial turned to 300 ACV
there is no such thing as a typical transformer!In the appliance business .You will need to order it from and appliance parts dealer they order it from the manufacture .The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! Yes your meter is set on the correct setting , also check the incoming voltage to the unit the 200 volts is low . If you have any questions just reply back.