WorthyHomeSolutions
WorthyHomeSolutions,
Experience:  Universal HVAC Tech at Kelly Enterprise
93996500

I have a Frigidaire front loading washer. It seemed to stop

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire front loading washer. It seemed to stop mid cycle during a previous wash (I wasn't the user). Now it doesn't work. Details:
The striker was broken but I replaced it. Before and after the replacement, the door lock light does come on, but when I try to start a cycle, I hear a faint buzzing noise and nothing else. There is still some water in the tank from the previous run that has not drained.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  WorthyHomeSolutions replied 1 year ago.
If your washer is completely unresponsive, start by ruling out the obvious—is it unplugged? Did the circuit trip? To test whether the outlet is the problem, plug a hairdryer or other electrically powered device into it and see if that device works. If not, the wiring in the outlet is the problem. If the device works, there could be a wiring problem in the washer, the usual suspects are the main electronic control board, the user interface and the control panel. more than likely it is the control board
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,The washer is definitely receiving power. The circuit did not trip, the door lock light is coming on , and I can hear a faint buzzing noise from inside when I try to run it. Would the control board be causing this? Thanks.
sounds like a board issue on some of the boards there is a green thermal diode that heats up and loosens up the connection. a temp fix is to reconnect this diode. then you can get a replacement board. i know of some places to get your part if you need help with that to.
DID YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE ISSUE WAS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, no luck so far. I opened the washer, there are no boards inside. Jumbles of wires yes, boards no.
ON YOUR UNIT IT SHOWS THAT ITS INSIDE OF A WHITE PLASTIC CASING AND IS NEAR THE BACK LET ME SEE IF I CAN SEND YOU A DIAGRAM
WHATS THE MODEL NUMBER
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem, I got it. The issue was with the door lock. A micro switch was smashed, I just bypassed the switch.