Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Frigidaire refrigerator is 4 months old-Model Number FFHS2622MSYA.

Customer Question

My Frigidaire refrigerator is 4 months old-Model Number FFHS2622MSYA. I is not making ice, at all.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Since your fridge is still in its warranty period, you should notify the selling dealer or the company customer service department. Any DIY attempt at repair may void the warranty completely. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes sir, I know that by trying to fix it myself may void the warranty. I'm ok with that. So what is your thought regarding my question?
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
If, when you checked the temperature, it registered between 0 and 5 degrees F., and if there is water being sent to the ice maker assembly, are there ice cubes? Are they just not dispensing into the bin? If it's yes to both questions, you probably have a faulty dispenser motor. Since the motor is not replaceable, you'll need to replace the whole assembly. The part number is(###) ###-#### ***** the price is $88.24. You can purchase it at www.repairclinic.com. They also have a replacement video available.Using the expert's rating scale, found at the top of your screen, please click the star that best reflects your satisfaction with my answer. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No Sir, there are no ice cubes in the dispenser to be dumped out. There is no water in the ice dispenser.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Since you've already replaced the water inlet valve, I have no more suggestions for you. I'll opt out of the request, so another expert can respond to it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Fill the ice maker manually and see if it dumps ice. If it does not, the ice maker is at fault. If it does but does not fill back up, since you replaced the valve, the fill tube is probably frozen. See what happens after manually filled and allowed to sit for a few hours. Does it drop cubes?