Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

MY MAYTAG WASHER STOPPED WITH 18 MINUTES TO GO AND SENT CODES

Customer Question

MY MAYTAG WASHER STOPPED WITH 18 MINUTES TO GO AND SENT CODES E1-F6,THEN 5D,THEN JUST SHUTDOWN ON ITS OWN.HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Error E1-F6 means that there is a communication error between the main CCU control board and the motor control (MCU) board. Now unfortunately this is quite a problem because you can't test the boards for a communication issue. All you can do is look at the wires going between the MCU (mounted to the back of the motor) and the CCU (mounted above the tub in the front right corner). If all wires are secure, you just have to replace one of the boards. The CCU is typically the one that fails but I would order the part from Repairclinic.com because they allow returns and you can't test the boards to be 100% certain which board is bad. Below is a link to the CCU for your model number. CLICK HERE for CCU We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?