Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a small chip inside my oven door and was wondering if

Customer Question

I have a small chip inside my oven door and was wondering if I could fix it
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It's a brand new double oven and a lid hit it and chipped the black porcelain or whatever it is that it's made of . I could let it go but I just got this oven lol
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately the ceramic liner can not be repaired. You can replace the entire inner liner of the door if you wanted, but you can not paint the area and there is no real repair for the ceramic that I've found which will work. There is a product called Porc-a-fix to repair the porcelain if you wanted to try that, but I have not had good results when I have tried this myself and it typically looks better just leaving it alone. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thx! :)
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Not a problem but I'm very sorry about the bad news and bad luck for you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It could be worse :)
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
yes it could. I'm glad you understand. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?