Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

I have a frigid aired double wall oven pleb30t8ccb.

Customer Question

Hello. I have a frigid aired double wall oven pleb30t8ccb. I think I need to repair or replace the relay board. First the top broiler element stopped heating. Then months later the top bake element stopped heating, right after running the clean cycle. I swapped the top and bottom broiler elements and the top element worked in the bottom so it doesn't seem to be the element. Now I'm stuck because I can't seem to figure out how to access the relay board. I've taken out various screws but nothing budges. .???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 5 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. Your best bet is to pull the oven out of the cabinets and remove the top panel and both upper qand lower relay boards are right there on the right side base of the panel.The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! Item # *****:// If you have any questions just reply back.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi. So, are you telling me I can not access the relay boards without pulling the entire double oven unit out of the cabinet?
that is the easiest and fastest way to get to them.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well heck, how would I do that?
remove the screws on the side of the oven and slide the oven out on a box or a lift and just remove the top panel!
here is a link for the installation instructions look at page #5 it shows you the mounting screw locations .
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Woody,
Is there a diagram? I've looked, removed varous screws, and can only remove the top trim and bottom vent cover. I can't seem to get the side trim off let alone find a crew that looks like a mounting screw or budge the oven... I have tried what you recommended before contacting just answer and need more guidance. Thanks.
I just sent you the installation link that shows the mounting screw locations on page #5 here it is once again .
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, I had that picture in the installation instruction manual but it turns out the stove looks a little different. The screws mount outward, not straight in. I got it moving but the thing is heavy. But. I think I see the way forward. Thank you.
ok No problem ,glad to assist you anytime. If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech. And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me, I will still assist you, no extra charges . But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.