Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I had a small fire in my Samsung microwave. The power was

Customer Question

I had a small fire in my Samsung microwave. The power was on when I open the door put fire out now I don't have any power I did replace the fuse
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. Microwaves have a cavity thermostat in the unit normally mounted on the top side of the cooking cavity if the thermostat gets to hot it opens thus killing power to the control board.I suspect that the cavity thermostat is open that is why the unit is now dead.If you have a Volt-ohm meter you can do an ohms test on the thermostat to see if it has continuity or if it is open!