Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool washing machine Model LSR7233DQ0. My wife

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool washing machine Model LSR7233DQ0. My wife reported that it wan't spinning. I replaced the coupler which in very bad shape and I also found that the AJIT Cam and dogs were completely gone. The clutch seems tight, as it is supposed to be and agitator now works perfectly as does the pump. I replaced the broken parts parts, but it still doesn't spin.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
If it doesn't spin but it's agitating and draining, then either your clutch is slipping or the transmission has failed, those are the only two possible options. I know the clutch can seem tight but the best way to know which one is faulty is to open the lid and push down on the door switch. Set the washer to spin and try to help rotate the inner basket clockwise while the motor is running. If the inner basket won't turn, you need a new transmission. If the inner basket wants to rotate but it slowly slows down and won't get up to speed, replace the clutch. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?