Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore 30" free standing electric range model A790.96113407. The

Customer Question

Kenmore 30" free standing electric range model A790.96113407.
The surface coils do not respond to the temperature adjustment knobs. At "4" the front left burner coil goes to max. Please advise the part number and description we need to replace.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your oven today. If the front left burner is heating on max all the time, the front left burner switch (the part attached to the knob) has just failed and isn't regulating the heat properly. The element itself only turns on and off based on when the switch sends power to it so if it heats at all, then the element is working. Below is a link to the switch you'd need to order and replace to resolve the issue. CLICK HERE for front left burner switch We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Reviewed your comments and ordered a control(rheostat). We’ll see.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Alright, good luck. It's the only part that can cause this problem. Also, its not a rheostat really, it's technically an infinite switch. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.