John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My Whirlpool fridge model WRF736SDAM stopped making ice, but

Customer Question

My Whirlpool fridge model WRF736SDAM stopped making ice, but the few cubes that were left in the bin seem to be melting and dripping out of the door dispenser
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 5 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. The icemaker will only make ice when the temperature in the freezer is 15 degrees or below.if the ice that is melting that would mean the freezer temperature is above 32 degrees.Open the freezer door and look on the rear interior freezer wall do you see any frost or ice on the rear wall panel?