Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Jenn air model #jed8430 and I would like redirect

Customer Question

I have a Jenn air model #jed8430 and I would like redirect the airflow from a side exhaust to down exhaust so I can use a duct free ventilation system
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon. First, because to flip the breaker off to the unit before doing any service. The only thing you can do to adjust the way the air flows out of the range is to unmount the blower motor housing and rotate it a different direction. If you look at the picture I have attached and then look under your range top you'll see this part. It's mounted to the side of the downdraft opening. You will need to remove the center grill on top of the cooktop to look down inside and see the 4 bolts holding the 4 screws which I have drawn with red arrows. You would need to unscrew all the bolts and then remove the vent from the blower motor. Turn the motor fan housing to the direction you want the air to flow out and then bolt the housing back onto the downdraft. This is the only adjustment available for this range, but the exit can point down or back if needed. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?