Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My jennair 30" microwave is a over the stove model Magdalena

Customer Question

My jennair 30" microwave is a over the stove model Magdalena in 1997 Sometimes it doesn't heat . Can it be repaired ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
If the problem is sporadic, it's difficult to track down a problem, but it does mean that your magnetron isn't an issue and the transformer/capacitor isn't a problem. You either have one of your 3 door switches beginning to fail or the control board is bad. Now again, the issue is intermittent so I don't think you can test for the problem. You can wait for the problem to be come consistent so you can test all the door switches and if they check good then you're replace the display board. Otherwise, you can replace all 3 door switches and see where you stand and if the problem continues, you'd need a new control board. That being said, if your control board is bad, it's likely not fixable because control boards from 1997 are no longer made so you'd have to try to source a used part or something from Ebay etc.. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?