Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am getting an FH code on my whirpool duet front load washer.

Customer Question

I am getting an FH code on my whirpool duet front load washer. I had just ran a soak cycle. Upon completion, I started a "white's cycle". This occurred, with 43 minutes remaining on cycle. I currently have it on hold.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: It has worked fine until this point.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Error FH just means that the washer didn't fill up with water quick enough. For no to reset the error, all you need to do is leave the washer plugged in for 30 minutes. It's in flood mode and after 30 minutes it should reset and allow you to start a new cycle so you can run it like normal. Now if the error comes back, you need to make sure you have good water pressure to the washer from both hot and cold water. If that all checks good and the error comes back, check the filter screens on the back of the washer where the fill hoses connect to the back of the washer. And if the issue comes back, replace the electronic water valves on the back of your washer because it has failed or is restricting the flow for some reason. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?