Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Kenmore front load washer model no. 402_4903. It

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore front load washer model no. 402_4903. It started making a very loud noise when it started the cycle and now will not empty the water?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ? A Kenmore model number will be 10 digits long and look like this 123 .(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
402.49032012?
Thank you ,so this is a Samsung manufactured washer for Sears.What is the washer doing when you hear the noise?And when it is NOT draining do you even hear the drain pump running or not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its trying to pump the water out and making a loud vibrating noise. And no when it quit draining we did not hear the pump run
ok have you opened the front small cover and cleaned out the pump filter assembly or seen if it has debris in it? If not lets do that first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that
Did it have debris in the filter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not too much
ok so then if it did not have much in the pump filter but you do hear the pump running but it is not pumping I would have to assume that the pump will need to be replaced.here is a link to the part .The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo12/PartDetail/Drain-Pump/DC9601585D/2010983?ss=-x64633936303135383564?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Anytime! always glad to assist you.If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech. And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me, I will still assist you, no extra charges . But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.
I see you have not rated me as of yet! Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me, I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time