John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Ice maker will not fill

Customer Question

Ice maker will not fill
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Yes what? I asked several questions that I need answers to all of them in order to help you. QUOTE: If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?