Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have model #721.86012010 with a F-5 code alert.can

Customer Question

Hello---- I have model #721.86012010 with a F-5 code alert.can you direct me to a code list for self help?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Unable to get wave to turn on after proper input and initiating start a audible click/dull Ping is heard.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: F-5 shows in windo every now and then but the timer counts down as if it were working , however there is now accompinaning operational sounds present " silence with the count down running to "0"
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.F5 means that you have a humidity sensor that has failed inside the microwave. The microwave will need to uninstall the entire microwave and remove the outer shell of the microwave so that you can replace the humidity sensor to fix the issue. Below is a link to the sensor you'd need to order and replace for your model number. CLICK HERE for humidity sensor We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.