John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Model no. is PSS26MSWCSS. Examine diagram entitled "assembly

Customer Question

Model no. is PSS26MSWCSS. Examine diagram entitled "assembly view for ice maker and dispenser".
My problem is that the brace that receives screw #371 in the diagram is not visible in the diagram - and it is that brace which is broken in my freezer. Screw is essential to keeping part #361 secure and operational.
My only guess at this point is that perhaps the brace exists on the backside or inward-facing side of part #359; but the rendering only shows the side that goes flush to the freezer wall.
So bot***** *****ne - I need to identify and purchase whichever part receives screw #371 as it is essential to part #361 being held in place.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
A. Ball
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Could you perhaps upload a picture of the broken item please - Ian
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
pic is attached... I was unable to rotate it, so you'll have to lean your head to the left to properly view. What currently looks like a notch was formerly just a hole, but a bit of it has been blown out. Gluing the thing didn't work.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Now looking at my diagram it looks like item 371 goes through item 361 auger cover?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Right, it definitely goes through 361, and is essential to keeping 361 (and the stuff that 361 supports) in proper position, which is what I mentioned in my initial query. Again, the challenge here is to confirm which part receives that screw 371...You can see how this one is not easy to resolve when just looking at the diagram. Did the pic I sent help?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
See if this helps - I'm starting to convince myself that the part in question is indeed 359.Standing by - thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
And?...
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Wake me up when you figure it out - thanks and standing by...AB
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK I guess I'm on my own. Lesson learned.