Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hey pearl. I have a front loading i.e. more he2t washing machine

Customer Question

Hey pearl. I have a front loading i.e. more he2t washing machine that keeps stopping mid cycle with an f28 error code. Works off and on?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: That's all I know to tell you.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
F28 is a communication error and unfortunately this is one of the worst issues you can get on these HE2t washers. The reason the error is so bad is because you can't test between the CCU (central control board) and the MCU (motor control board) to see which one is causing the communication problem. All you can do is take your washer apart and make sure the wire connections are secure between the two board which they usually are. That being said, I would order the part from a place that allows returns like because each board is about $250 typically so you don't want to order the wrong board and be stuck with it. The MCU is the one that typically fails so that is the one I'd replace first, but you'll need the full model number located on a sticker just inside the door way to look up the exact part number. I'm very sorry about the bad news today. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?