Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My ice chute is frosting up and the ice is dispensing more

Customer Question

hi, my ice chute is frosting up and the ice is dispensing more crushed than cudes
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: cubes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I don't think so, ice is still being made very well
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good morning! So first, you need to just heat up the ice chute and melt all the frost/ice with a hair dryer to make sure that ice isn't blocking the flap from closing all the way. If the frost comes back, it means that your ice chute flap that closes off the air from entering your freezer isn't sealing up and the ice chute flap will need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?