Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

The plastic piece on the inside of microwave door that holds

Customer Question

The plastic piece on the inside of microwave door that holds spring broke off. Do I need a whole new door?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good morning. So yes, unfortunately you would need to replace the entire door if the plastic piece broke off. What you can do is drill a little hole next to the prong that broke off so that you can stick the spring through it and that typically works as well and then you can avoid buying an entire door for such a small problem. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It isn't that plastic piece that you can drill hole in. It is the plastic piece the other other end of the spring goes into.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
You're talking about the actual plastic hook with the tab on the back that has broken? Do you have the full model number. The number you have listed is not the correct model number. The full model will be located on a sticker just inside the door way.