John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Kenmore elite 9D1B0149 Ice and water dispenser not receiving

Customer Question

Kenmore elite 9D1B0149
Ice and water dispenser not receiving water. Ice make mechanics working. Water line full pressure to fridge connections.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
model number 795.79753.904
Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 months ago.
OK when you press the button/lever for water can you hear a buzzing at the rear of the appliance?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes and when I press the button for the ice it does the same.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 months ago.
OK can you get around the back of the appliance? If so you will see two joint connectors to the small bore supply pipe that runs up the back - come back to me when you have found them.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm away from home at this time. But I did disconnect the line at the top that runs down the back. No water come out.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 months ago.
OK give me a ping when you're back home and we can continue the fault finding with you next to the appliance and resolve it hands on so to speak - Ian.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm back
Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 months ago.
OK we need to establish why you are not getting water into the dispenser. So - firstly turn off the water at the supply, then disconnect the upper connector and then put water back on and depress the dispenser button and see if water comes out of the end on water dispense.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok no water
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The line from the bottom to top goes into fridge. Blue line comes out to the connection, that is what was disconnected. That line goes back into the fridge at a higher location
Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 months ago.
OK then back to where the pipe from the water supply to the fridge connects and test it at that point. Same procedure, water off then disconnect, water on into bowl and then back off.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The water to fridge is good
Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 months ago.
OK have you got a multimeter or voltage tester?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes voltage tester
Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 months ago.
OK have you anyone with you that can press the button whilst you carry out some tests?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No but in about 45 there will be. What do I attach the ends to, and I'll do it when my son gets home. And report back at 4
Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 months ago.
OK if you have a look at the water inlet valve you can see that there is a two pin connector that it plugs into, I need you to check that you have mains voltage by checking across the back of that connector, One probe in each connector hole. I'm here for the next couple of hours so come back to me when you are ready to go.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your help. Unable to continue today or tomorrow.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 months ago.
OK no worries come back to me when you are free and we'll finish off here - Ian