Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a GE spacemaker washer & dryer (I didn't get the model

Customer Question

I have a GE spacemaker washer & dryer (I didn't get the model number off of it) but it consistently leaks orange fluid at the base of the washer. I thought it was oil at first but the maintenance people say no it is not. They think it is an overflow of detergent; however the color does not match my detergent. This has been ongoing for four years. Can you help me figure out what this liquid is? The machine works fine - no trouble with it, except for the fluid leak at the bottom. Thank you very much. Peggy Rankin
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: First make sure it is actually coming directly from the washer. There is nothing in the machine that would be ORANGE in color. So it may not be coming from the machine and if it has been happening for years there would for sure be an issue with the unit. So if you are sure it is not the soap then I would remove the front or rear panel to the unit to look for signs of the substance inside the machine to confirm it is from the machine and not another source. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!