Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a Kenmore Elite refrigerator, model # *****

Customer Question

We have a Kenmore Elite refrigerator, model # ***** and the lights quit coming on with the right side door open, and the control panel indicator lights are flashing E (freezer side) and F (refrigerator side). It also seems to have quit running.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't know at this time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Error EF means that your evaporator fan motor behind the back panel inside your freezer isn't spinning up to speed. You'll want to pull everything out of the freezer unplug the refrigerator and remove the lower back vent panel inside the freezer to expose the silver evaporator coils. Above these coils is the evaporator fan motor. Use a hair dryer to thaw this fan out in case there is any frost or ice preventing the fan from running up to speed. If the error comes back when you re-assemble and plug the unit back in, you need to replace the evaporator fan motor. Below is a link to the fan motor you'd need to order for your model number. Other than that, only the main control board below the refrigerator could cause this issue if it's not reading the fan motor properly so I'll give you a link to the main control board as well just in case you need it since you can't really test the fan to determine it's running up to speed without a variable speed strobe light. CLICK HERE for fan motor CLICK HERE for compressor We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?