John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Kelly - I had a previously asked question regarding the

Customer Question

Hi Kelly - I had a previously asked question regarding the KitchenAid KIRD861VSS-1 retractable downdraft fan. We spoke on 2/6/16. Well, I finally got the electronics board, but once I swapped it, nothing happened. However, I checked the fuse and it was blown.Replaced the fuse, with new board in and it blew again. It is now completely dead, no fan, no up or down. Any ideas?Sorry this has taken so long to respond, but in between life happened lol! whatever you can suggest would be greatly appreciated.thanks Kelly!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. Have you ohmed out the up /down motor that the fuse is in that motor circuit to see if the motor circuit is grounded or not?
Do you still need assistance on your question?