Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

When the washer goes to wash cycle it gives an LEI erorr JA:

Customer Question

When the washer goes to wash cycle it gives an LEI erorr
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: When the washer goes to wash cycle it gives an LEI erorr
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I tried unplugging it for 2 hours but didn't work
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. What is the make and model number?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
LG Inverter Direct Drive
That is a Locked Rotor error can you see if the drum turns freely?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes it does
OK then either the RPS sensor is bad( most likely) or the wiring to the stator or RPS sensor could be broken. 99% of the time just replace the RPS sensor on the stator and that will solve the issue. They are cheap about 15 dollars and you can order it from with the complete model number. This is probably going to be the one. CLICK HERE All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!