Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE profile double electric oven. Model P T925S N4SS.

Customer Question

I have a GE profile double electric oven. Model P T925S N4SS. While cooking last week, I spilled liquid from pan onto inside face of top oven sending liquid everywhere. Upon closing oven door and trying to start the oven, only clock flashed and other buttons do not operate. I tried resetting power for 10-15 minutes; same result, clock flashes. I tried holding 9 & ) for 3 seconds, but to no avail. Please advise.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Double oven is approx. 4 years old. It was working just fine until my gaffe.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.
The best thing you can do at this point is just unplug the oven and wait 24 hours for the unit to dry out (if you haven't left it unplugged that long already). If it still doesn't work your touchpad and display board was shorted out from the spill I'm sorry to say and they would need to be replaced. The parts are not inexpensive on this oven whatsoever, it will run about $600 or so just in parts alone if the parts shorted out. I'm very sorry about the bad news. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Its been about a 5 days already. So, I think you're right. Probably shorted.
I'm not sure if you had it plugged in during that time or left it unplugged, by much like when a cell phone gets wet, you want to disconnect power right away or else it can cause the electronics to short out if they weren't shorted already. Either way, again I'm very sorry about the bad news.
We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?