Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.
15468697

My fridge/freezer is showing code Er and IF for

Customer Question

My fridge/freezer is showing code Er for fridge and IF for freezer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi That error code is an ice maker fan fault. Its picking up theres an issue with the ice maker fan in there thats what the error code means. Now this is usually down to the ice maker fan itself. You need to access the ice maker fan in there and check the connections to it and replace if faulty to cure this fault. Click here to see a you tube clip about accessing the fan motor in there Hope this helps you. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But what sbout th IF code on the freezer
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if you saw my answer above. But the ER IF error code on the fridge and freezer doors is a ice maker fan fault. Its all pointing to the ice maker fan motor in there.