John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

How can i check if my compressor is the not cooling problem? JA:

Customer Question

how can i check if my compressor is the not cooling problem?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the refrigerator is coolish. Staying at around 44 and the freezer is at 36. the fan is running but i don't hear the compressor kicking on
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I have a Kithenaid kssc42qms
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
OK since you have got a built in appliance the easiest way is to open both doors and then put your head near the trays and see if you can hear the compressor running at the back. However with temperatures that high you have got a problem, If you have a power freeze or fast freeze hit that - listen out for a clicking at the back.