John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Asko model 1796 . First 3 of 7 lights flashing. Pump will

Customer Question

Hi, Asko model 1796 . First 3 of 7 lights flashing. Pump will not stop. Their was no leak or flood. I removed all water from sump with vacume. I can see internal door latch is broken. On off switch on left of door is the only control that operates. Just installed new garbage disposal. Forgot to remove plug in dishwasher hook up tube. Removed after the girls tried to run dishwasher cycle. Obviously the water could not be pumped out. Now it seems to pump, but that's all it does. What has happened and what can I do about it ?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not at this time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
When you say you pumped water out of the sump are you referring to the inside of the wash cavity?