Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

MY GE JNM1541SM2SS over range microwave stopped working. The

Customer Question

MY GE JNM1541SM2SS over range microwave stopped working. The clock is correct and the inside light comes on when you open the door, and it turns on (fan/blower) when you start it, but the turntable does not spin and nothing gets hot.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Good morning! There are only 2 things that will cut out both the heat and the turntable motor. The issue is that your microwave thinks one of your 3 door switches has failed. That means you could have a bad door switch or you could have a bad display control board (which is the main control board for this microwave) and it's not reading the door switch properly. You will need a multimeter to test the 3 door switches just to the left of the control panel to see if one of them is bad. If all of them test good, then replace the display board--otherwise just replace the faulty switch. Below is a video that shows you how to test the door switches. Ignore the fact that the video is for a Whirlpool microwave---the process is the same for your microwave. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I got your answer but have to wait until the weekend to try.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
OK good luck.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.