Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My dishwasher is showing a red lock and is not allowing me

Customer Question

my dishwasher is showing a red lock and is not allowing me unlock so that I can use the appliance. How do I unlock the dishwasher so that it can be used?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good morning! To start, the number you listed is a part number not the model number. The model number will be located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB and can be seen if you open the door. It will start with a "K" for Kitchen Aid. That being said, your dishwasher is in control lock mode. One of your buttons was pressed and held for longer than 3 seconds to put it in lockout mode. There is a button on the control panel you can press and hold for 5 seconds to remove the control lock. Without the model number I can't tell you exactly which button that is, but you can try each button one at a time for 5 seconds and one of them will unlock the control panel so you can use it again. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.