Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Samsung dryer model DV393TPAWR that won't stop running

Customer Question

I have a Samsung dryer model DV393TPAWR that won't stop running unless I unplug it or leave the door open. The other problem is that it is not heating up either. These two issues presented at the same time. I have checked the vent, the blower is free of debris and not wobbling. The heater element does not get red even when the temp. is set on high. Any ideas would be worth looking into
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Does it stop running when set to timed dry?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No
OK you need to replace the controller if it will not turn off, that is common on that unit. You need to remove the top and it is off to the left. HERE IS A LINK TO THE PART CLICK HERE All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi I would like to rate your answer but you haven't addressed the problem with the dryer not heating up either. You mentioned the controller because of the dryer not shutting off. Thanks
Ok here is the reset procedure CLICK HERE CLICK HERE BAD CAPACITORS CLICK HERE BOARD
That post was not meant for you do you have a volt meter to do some testing?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do but its at work so I won't get it until tomorrow
ok just get back to me when you have one ok?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will thanks
Cool