bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a GE Monogram ZDICI50XBBC I have had several problems

Customer Question

I have a GE Monogram ZDICI50XBBC I have had several problems with this thing but I have been able to fix it. It is running and but not freezing and dropping ice. Please help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Can you get at the evaporator to see the frost pattern?
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't want to pay until you have helped me solve the problem.
No problem can you get to the evaporator?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is no frost. It is not freezing. I have replaced several things in this JUNK ice maker but do not want to get a new one because it is upstairs under the cabinets and we don not want to deal with the drain. The water is running but not freezing.
OK so the compressor and fans are all running correct?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I check that? Not sure
Go behind the unit and see if this part is running and vibrating CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't pull it out because there is a drain that I do not want to pull out due to it being on the second floor and would not be able to get it all back together. It is under the cabinet.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will go upstairs and see what I can figure out.
Yes I understand, but you would have to disconnect it to see if the compressor is actually running or not.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
HUM! The other parts were not that complicated. I'm not sure if that is something I could fix
If it is not cooling at all for the ice then either the compressor is bad, not running, the start relay on the compressor is bad or the board is not powering the compressor without checking it I can not tell you much more really.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had to fix the thermostat once but still didn't have to pull it out. How would I check that?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
I agree with my college and perhaps a reality check, at the moment you have a piece of equipment that doesn't work and from what I have read above you will need to take out the appliance to check that you are getting power to the compressor. If you don't you are left with an ice maker that just is taking up space. Whichever way you look at it - it has to come out, be it to repair it or replace it - Ian