John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I ordered a fan control switch that was listed as the part

Customer Question

I ordered a fan control switch that was listed as the part for a JenAir model number JED8430ADB but it is not the same switch as the one that was in the unit. Nor does the wiring chart that came with the unit match how the original switch was wired. the original switch has all three wires soldered to it (Black, Red, and White). The new switch looks like it was made to only have two connections which matches the wiring diagram but not the existing switch.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The schematic for your model only shows to wires to the fan speed control. Can you post a picture of what you see, please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i agree the schematic does not match what is actually in the unit.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
I am not sure on that one, I have not replaced that new kit. I will place your question back to the list because with the schematic I have, the information does not match.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Can you send a photo of the new switch, please? Thank you.
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help, before your request times out?