Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Error came up on my Maytag front load he machine, 72 stating

Customer Question

Error came up on my Maytag front load he machine, 72 stating clogged drains but clean out the hoses and it still come up 72 now water is in washer and cannot unlock the door?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. If you cleaned all the hoses and also the drain trap, then make sure the drain on your home is not stopped up and if all that checks out you will need to replace the water pump on the washer. The door will not unlock if the unit is full of water, if you can't get the washer to drain then you will need to manually open the door, but I suggest that you drain the unit with a wet Vac or put a bunch of towels on the floor and release the pump trap. Remove the lower panel of the washer on the front and the pump trap will be there you just unscrew it, if it has not been cleaned yet that is probably the reason the washer is not draining properly. Once you get the water out of the unit the door will open. Make sure to unplug the unit before draining it. If all else fails you and must open the door you can do it manually, unplug the washer remove the bottom panel and put your arm up the right side to the door lock on the bottom of the door lock assembly there is a white tab, pull on that tab and the door will release. Here is a image of the door lock so you know what you are looking for : click here for image ******************************************************************************* We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.