Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Samsung dryer Model DV393ETRAWR-A1 that won't heat

Customer Question

I have a Samsung dryer Model DV393ETRAWR-A1 that won't heat and won't stop running unless the door is open. I have checked the lint in the duct and inside the machine I inspected the fan which was clean and spinning fine. There is no wobbling. There are no error codes and I tried to test it in service mode but it never made a beeping sound and went no further
My next step was going to be
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The heating element does not get red with the dryer running and the temp on high
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! If you turn the control off, does the motor stay running still, only stopping when the door is opened?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Exactly...Opening the door or unplugging it are the only way to shut it off
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
The centrifugal switch on the motor has failed. That is likely why it is not heating as well, the L2 line for the heater comes through the heater switch so the heater cannot come on unless the motor is running. You will need to replace the motor. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE The video at the link below shows how to replace it! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!