John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have freezer door issue on a Maytag MFI2665xem6. The left

Customer Question

I have freezer door issue on a Maytag MFI2665xem6. The left side will not seal without a shove, & I have replaced the roller gears and the slide rails. Same issue. This will be much easier to describe if I can upload a pic of the gear position.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! You can upload a picture using the paper clip icon.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is the right side roller gear. Notice how the teeth on the bottom bracket don't extend back to the gear's stop point. This causes the door to open crooked when pulled from the left side, as the roller gear on the right just spins in place. At first I thought that last tooth on the bottom bracket was broken off. It's not - I've replaced it and that is the new one. I've also replaced the roller gears and the drawer slides. No difference at all. There is also no adjustment on any of these parts to align it differently.
I've been a commercial HVAC/R technician for 20 years and this is blowing my mind and giving me strong feelings of inadequacy.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
I will need to research this a bit, I remember there being a service bulletin for this. I will open your question for others to see while I look in case another has it immediately.