John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Pearl -We have an F 9 code on the front panel of our Jenn

Customer Question

Hi Pearl -We have an F 9 code on the front panel of our Jenn Air range and it has locked the oven door - how do I open the door? Thank you Kathy
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: There was a power outage in the house and when we returned we found the oven door locked and the F 9 code on the panel, and we cannot open the oven door?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I don't think so, let me ask my husband.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The model tag is usually behind the lower panel that is under the door.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we cannot open the door to get the model number no access to the tag
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
The door should not need to be opened. It should be behind the lower access panel under the door.